Struggling , juggling kids and work.

Paul O Mahoney

You can claim incapacitated child tax credit backdated 4 years depending but if you are 7 years post diagnosis you should have no issue claiming the backdate.
Was typing exactly that they might also to go back to 7 years , I'd certainly ask for the full amount.

Ford25

Yes and thanks to those that replied.My only concern is on the form you have to say the child won't be able to maintain themselves after 18. I'm hopeful with treatment they will be able to go on and get a job.Is there a chance if my son gets part time work at 18 or eventually full time work that revenue will look for the money returned?

Zizigirl

Yes and thanks to those that replied.My only concern is on the form you have to say the child won't be able to maintain themselves after 18. I'm hopeful with treatment they will be able to go on and get a job.Is there a chance if my son gets part time work at 18 or eventually full time work that revenue will look for the money returned?
I suppose there is nobody that can tell you there is no chance that revenue won’t start deciding to do this, I’ve yet to hear it happen. I’m aware of at least three cases where the credit was claimed and said children have jobs. Maintaining themselves and working are two different things.