Strange calls from ptsb - scam or not?

roker

Just got a Text from a number claiming to be from the TSB and to contact them as soon as possible on 00353 1 669 5---- I cannot contact the bank today Sunday through the normal channels. Has anyone else had this?

01 669 5XXX appears to be a genuine TSB series of numbers.

I would call them but ask them to verify that they are genuine before revealing any information.

I went into the branch today and it appears that the number is genuine, why would they send a text on a Sunday of a bank holiday week end when I cannot contact a person in Open 24?

... Why would they send a text on a Sunday of a bank holiday week end when I cannot contact a person in Open 24?

Perhaps there was suspicious activity on one of your accounts or your account had been skimmed? Did you ring the number?

I did not ring the number, I text it, to say I would contact TSB through the normal channels, so I went to the branch Tuesday

Got a call a few nights ago at 7.30pm from someone purporting to be from PTSB he said he had something to discuss with me but first wanted my date of birth to verify it really was me who answered my own mobile phone,told him he had no chance whatsoever until he could answer a few questions from me to verify he was who he said he was...he said he needed my dob before he could discuss anything with me...

..went round the houses like that til I grew tired of his BS and I hung up on him...what time of night is that to be calling someone at anyway.

Back