Stone mason

galway_blow_in

No such thing as cheap labour right now but got a quote of 1500 euro recently for the following garden wall job

15 metres long

43 cm wide

76 cm high

It's a dry wall build as the stone in question allows for no mortar

How long will it take to build the wall? Most good tradesmen can earn €2.5 to €4k a week. They're self employed and all that comes with that. I don't think that's dear at all. I'd go as far as to say, there's easily a few Euro more that trades person could have charged.
Plastering an average detached house takes about 2 weeks and can cost from €10/15k at the moment if you can get a plasterer. That's for labour only, no materials.
CAO points required? Zero. There's a lesson in that alone and it's not taught in any school I know of :cool:

How long will it take to build the wall? Most good tradesmen can earn €2.5 to €4k a week. They're self employed and all that comes with that. I don't think that's dear at all. I'd go as far as to say, there's easily a few Euro more that trades person could have charged.
Plastering an average detached house takes about 2 weeks and can cost from €10/15k at the moment if you can get a plasterer. That's for labour only, no materials.
CAO points required? Zero. There's a lesson in that alone and it's not taught in any school I know of :cool:

I think it's reasonable myself barring two points

Cash quote and its a kind of guillotined stone which you can build quicker , I don't know how long it will take to build?

Just wanted to get some views

I think it's reasonable myself barring two points

Cash quote and its a kind of guillotined stone which you can build quicker , I don't know how long it will take to build?

At €1500 for the walk too be built I’d imagine it will take 3-5days.

Is the price including foundation?

Hello,

I too am currently looking to get a dry stone wall build. My size is a bit bigger than yours at 20m.

My best price is £2.6k + VAT. All guys who quoted will be Spring 22 before they can start.

I need to ensure found is done and all material provided.

Hello,

I too am currently looking to get a dry stone wall build. My size is a bit bigger than yours at 20m.

My best price is £2.6k + VAT. All guys who quoted will be Spring 22 before they can start.

I need to ensure found is done and all material provided.

mine is 24 sqr metre

Back