Still facing court case with Tanager

Distressed

Hi ,
like many of you here i have been paying the full amount of interest on int only mortgage , for 2 years a contribution towards arrears and for the last few months a much larger amount towards arrears . I have received nearly every letter mentioned above and been refused capitalisation of arrears . I have a second court date coming up for repossesion - you can imagine my frame of mind .
After reading the forum & the article in the paper i have looked back through my statements & Letters with outstanding balances and arrears figures and payments missed - i cant make any sense of any of it.On "Interest Only " mortgage should the Origional amount drawn down be the same amount as the balance outstanding on the loan with the missed payments making up the arrears figure ? I would appreciate any advice - i cant think straight and i have a mound of paperwork to do with all this - i would really appreciate attending a meetin you spoke of - very few people to discuss this topic with
many thanks , D

Root out the Tanager letter dated March 2016 in relation to notification of a reduction in interest rates. Examine this letter. You will see that although the interest rate applied to your account goes down, the monthly repayment increases. Tanager automatically capitalised your arrears starting 1st May 2016. If you have paid this new amount going forward, you are no longer in arrears, as you have accepted their recapitalisation of your arrears. Get a statement of your account from Tanager from May 2016.

Bring the letter dated March 2016, together with your statement of account to your next court appearance. Inform the Court of same ( whether Registrar or Judge), ask the Registrar/Judge to strike out the proceedings as their are no longer any arrears on the account and that you entered into a new agreement with Tanager in March 2016.

Hi ,
like many of you here i have been paying the full amount of interest on int only mortgage , for 2 years a contribution towards arrears and for the last few months a much larger amount towards arrears . I have received nearly every letter mentioned above and been refused capitalisation of arrears . I have a second court date coming up for repossesion - you can imagine my frame of mind .
After reading the forum & the article in the paper i have looked back through my statements & Letters with outstanding balances and arrears figures and payments missed - i cant make any sense of any of it.On "Interest Only " mortgage should the Origional amount drawn down be the same amount as the balance outstanding on the loan with the missed payments making up the arrears figure ? I would appreciate any advice - i cant think straight and i have a mound of paperwork to do with all this - i would really appreciate attending a meetin you spoke of - very few people to discuss this topic with
many thanks , D

Contact IMHO and they will help you to deal with this situation and they are FREE.

Hi all,
I haven’t received anything , court date getting closer .
Nerve wrecking .
I’d appreciate joining any meeting you arrange .
Thanks .

Root out the Tanager letter dated March 2016 in relation to notification of a reduction in interest rates. Examine this letter. You will see that although the interest rate applied to your account goes down, the monthly repayment increases. Tanager automatically capitalised your arrears starting 1st May 2016. If you have paid this new amount going forward, you are no longer in arrears, as you have accepted their recapitalisation of your arrears. Get a statement of your account from Tanager from May 2016.

Bring the letter dated March 2016, together with your statement of account to your next court appearance. Inform the Court of same ( whether Registrar or Judge), ask the Registrar/Judge to strike out the proceedings as their are no longer any arrears on the account and that you entered into a new agreement with Tanager in March 2016.

Hi IdesofMarch,
Unfortunately, the closest letter to this date I can find to this date is April 1st but I do have a statement relating to the dates you mention .
It looks like my mortgage repayment went down by €30 .
Just to confuse matters I commenced paying €100 towards the arrears amount in April .
Why I want to check - Last week Lapithus told me they have more options available like capitalising the arrears & to apply again ... Rejected before - also my court case is adjourned while this is being discussed .

Last edited:
Back