Steam cleaner for upholstery?

Erith

My beige armchair is grubby and I was considering buying a steam cleaner to tackle it and all other soft furnishings I can find. Any advice or suggestions for good models would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Erith,

We have this key post on Steam Cleaners which appears to back up my theory that they are for floors etc. and not upholstery but I could be wrong!

You don't mention what material the chair is made of?

Erith said:
My beige armchair is grubby and I was considering buying a steam cleaner to tackle it and all other soft furnishings I can find. Any advice or suggestions for good models would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Leave it to these guys they are good, the steamer will do more damage than good they are great for cleaning solid surfaces but for anything material they can/may do damage.

[broken link removed][broken link removed]

Good Luck ;)

Hi SE, I think it is "chenille" but that could be complete This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language.

D22, looks expensive. Did you use them? Any hint on cost?

Erith said:
Hi SE, I think it is "chenille" but that could be complete This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language.

D22, looks expensive. Did you use them? Any hint on cost?

Used the Limerick branch for carpet cleaning they did a fine job wasn't really expensive and was worth it for that really clean smell

Hi again D22, still no idea what "wasn't really expensive" might mean in new money. I have no reference for this kind of job.

Erith,

A quick read of one of would indicate that chenille is delicate and due care should be taken especially with water.

Try having a read thru them and see if you can get any info.

Sueellen.

Back