Statement of Affairs (Probate) Form SA.2 application - help with some questions please.

Buffet

I am helping my mother with my father’s probate, seeking "Administration with Will Annexed", as Mum doesn't feel able for this job. She is the single executor and sole beneficiary.

We did visit my parents' solicitor after Dad died, and she was really helpful. Having talked through the various items, the solicitor advised to proceed with this ourselves.

Now that I am filling in form SA.2, I do have some questions, that this forum may be able to help on please:
  1. "No. of children": Is this “living” children only?
  2. Property Type: The choices that that appear applicable to this case is :Agricultural or Residential. It is some farming land, (rented for grazing), sheds & an uninhabitable house, empty for over 30 years, but has up to date LPT. Which property type would apply?
  3. Is it correct to include (2) in “Irish Property (land/buildings)” and not in “Agricultural/business assets”?
  4. What is meant by the question below? I think it is the word “gift” that is throwing me off, and I am not sure what I need to consider in order to answer part A. Did any person, on or at any time after 5 December 1991, under a disposition at any time made by the deceased, take: A) Gift? B) Any other benefit in possession – for example, the remainder interest on the death of a life tenant?
  5. Prize Bonds: I have included in “Other Asset” – is this correct?
  6. What is a “Claim Number” in relation to the DSP payments? I would have expected this to be just a PPSN, which is already on the form (in which case, they would not need to ask) - but is it referring to something else?
  7. Dad was in a nursing home under fair deal. There was no loan involved and I expect that there is no claim by the HSE against the estate, but I can only answer “Not yet ascertained” to this question on the SA2 form. As the SA.2 form only needs to hear about assets that were in Dad’s sole name only, how will the HSE be satisfied that there is no claim on the estate coming from the Fair Deal? Just curious to know if anyone has experienced this already? I am in the process of contacting the HSE, but email bounces (due to cyber-attack) and haven’t received any return to the voicemail I have left etc.

Thanks in advance.
Buffet.

Have you looked at the guide from Revenue for starters?

As an example, for one of your questions above the guide says

"Surviving Relatives:
Tick the appropriate check box to indicate surviving relatives under each presented
category and enter the number of surviving children if applicable."

Back