State Savings Product - cut again - 2/6/2013

Looking at the best buys there really now is nowhere to get a decent return on your savings.

Yeah, although we are in a low inflation environment so it is, just about, still possible to get a real return.

Anyway, a small return from your savings is better than no return at all.

That is a poor return for lending your money to an insolvent country, I have substantial prize bonds which will be cashed asap, need to find another home for those funds, I also have funds maturing in July that I had planned for 3 year State Savings, working on a Plan that will see all funds removed from deposits and invested in something that will work just a little harder for me.

That is a poor return for lending your money to an insolvent country, I have substantial prize bonds which will be cashed asap, need to find another home for those funds, I also have funds maturing in July that I had planned for 3 year State Savings, working on a Plan that will see all funds removed from deposits and invested in something that will work just a little harder for me.

What sort of lines are you thinking along? I have State Savings and Irish bank deposits, but don't wish to increase my holding of either any further. (I'm not asking for investment advice, just wondering what other people would consider a reasonable investment. Right now, the yield on direct property investing is a poor return for a lot of work, and shares are in serious danger whenever the US Fed pulls the plug on Q.E.)

Well I like the $/€ exchange and will be looking to buy more foreclosed or short sale opportunities in the U.S., these are harder to get in the larger Cities than you could possibly imagine ( Not Detroit or anywhere in Florida ), yields are good, properties are in good locations, are let unfurnished and are easily managed with some good local help, entry point about $70k (€53K ).
Parts of the U.K. are also worth looking at, I would not have previously looked there but I do need to protect my yields.

Back