State savings have no online facility

1. Every page asks you to accept cookies - *every* page.
Not for me it doesn't once I've accepted cookies for the site.

I've only got some prize bonds that I add a small amount to regularly and the online system works fine for that for me.

It's 100% reproducible, different browsers, different platforms. Anyone know if theres a way to, I dunno, log a complaint about it online?

Not for me it doesn't once I've accepted cookies for the site.

I've only got some prize bonds that I add a small amount to regularly and the online system works fine for that for me.
Same here regarding the cookies, it doesn't ask once I've accepted them. It suggests the issue is on the side of the poster, not the website.

It's 100% reproducible, different browsers, different platforms. Anyone know if theres a way to, I dunno, log a complaint about it online?
Maybe you simply didn't accept cookies so it has to keep nagging you? Blame GDPR and not State Savings for that.

Anyway, if you want to contact them/complain...

I followed that link and logged my issue. I got a nice message about someone being in touch with me as soon as possible. The next day I got this in my e-mail:
statesave.JPG

Basically, the same message as the auto-response. Nothing since. What a bunch of amateurs. And, now 3 weeks since I snail-mailed (using their reply envelope) my signature verficiation form. Maybe next week. I predict they'll find some reason to reject it and it'll be another month for the 2d attempt, that was my spouse's experience.

State savings online is not for the faint-hearted.

Maybe, but once you are in, you're in! It was long and laborious to set up but I can sign in now in seconds, email/password and wait for the code on phone which is nearly instant. I bought some prize bonds recently, got email same day, don't know when the actual bonds will show up as they are gifts but it did say 10 days or similar.

Won 50 euro yday :)

Based on our experience, expect about 2 weeks per transaction. I mean, you're doing this all online, why shouldn't it take that long?
By comparison, doing everything by hand at the Post Office took slightly less time.

I eventually heard back from State Savings who asked me what my trouble was; they'd lost the original trouble report, no surprised there I guess. When I described it to them, eventually I heard back 'there's nothing we can do, that's the way it works.' I've since pushed back on that, basically saying, 'you've got to be kidding.'

I eventually heard back from State Savings who asked me what my trouble was; they'd lost the original trouble report, no surprised there I guess. When I described it to them, eventually I heard back 'there's nothing we can do, that's the way it works.' I've since pushed back on that, basically saying, 'you've got to be kidding.'
Is your issue the cookies advice appearing on every page? In that "Privacy Preference Centre" have you actually clicked the "confirm my choices" button at the very bottom? As previous posters have suggested, until you make a decision - and that has to at least include the "strictly necessary" ones - you won't get any farther. Until you do make a decision, it will keep asking you to make one!

Is your issue the cookies advice appearing on every page? In that "Privacy Preference Centre" have you actually clicked the "confirm my choices" button at the very bottom? As previous posters have suggested, until you make a decision - and that has to at least include the "strictly necessary" ones - you won't get any farther. Until you do make a decision, it will keep asking you to make one!
I agree to all cookies every time; it's the same 'confirm choices' dialogue one sees on numerous web sites - just once though.

If it's any consolation, I have the exact same problem, every time the page changes or refreshes I get the side panel coming out asking me to confirm my settings. I can change settings, reject, save, etc. makes no difference , keeps popping out constantly. All browsers. Very annoying if you are trying to get anything done on the site.
EDIT: correction, just tested again there, problem does not persist using Edge browser. Problem is there with Firefox, could be something to do with adblocker? Maybe try in Edge.

17:00, 22nd October 2023: We wish to inform customers that the State Savings website will be temporarily offline tomorrow from 08:30 due to scheduled maintenance. We anticipate full service will be restored by 11:00. If you need assistance or have any queries you can contact us at 0818 20 50 60 / 01 705 7200 (lines open Mon-Fri, 08.00 - 20.00). Thank you for your patience and we apologise for any inconvenience.

Statesavings website is disaster today, tried logging in multiple time, nothing happened (no error message, just screen reloads), after about the fourth or fifth try I get a 'Our services aren't available right now' message....about ten minutes later I start getting the 2-factor SMS verification codes. Not great.

Back