starting own business/tax

Clairio

hi, currently in full-time employment but thinking of leaving to set up own business.
As it would take a while for the business to become profitable I was wondering if there are any social welfare payments you can get to bridge the gap between old job and new profits, based on tax paid while you were working. Like a dole or would this work seeing as you handed in the notice on your previous job?
thanks for any help,

Claire

Phone citizens advice bureau, number on their website or in phone book. They know everything as they are out there dealing with all manner of social and employment issues every day. You should consider leaving your employment very carefully. Recently ceased self employment and because I paid class S prsi, i am only entitled to job seekers allowance which is a pittance. However someone paying class A, would qualify for dole and a lot more benefits. If you are going to be self employed, consider how you
set it up very very carefully and plan ahead if things dont work out. Its a dog eat dog world out there at the moment.

Back