Starting new small business.

deco87

Hi guys.
I am thinking of starting a small business. I am thinking of a small retail outlet. So , I am at the pre planning stage, and shortly to try to finance the project. I wonder what are my options in this regard. It would be very helpful to get perhaps a goverment backed grant in order to get the business started ..beside banks , can anybody suggest , organisations, like for example the IDA or similar, that might be able to advise or guide me at this stage. Thanks.

Deco.

By all means talk to your local enterprise board. they run some very good courses and can support you with a mentor as well. It's unlikely they will provide you with a grant for a retail opportunity due to rules on displacement (they can't support one business that might put another local one out of business). However if you were to offer a web solution they will support a retail website.

Not wishing to pour cold water on your idea, but retail is an extremely challenging sector at the moment.

On a more positive note: talk to your Local Enterprise Office. They have a lot of supports, though unfortunately funding isn't one of them.

Back