Sprint spam notification?

sabre Man

Every now and then for maybe about a month or so, maybe 4-5 times in total, I have received a message to me Eircom account with the topic "Spam Notification: 8 New 8 Total". The number varies.

The body of the e-mail reads like below. firstname and lastname is my real name, but I have no connection to veritest.com (I use eircom.net), so how come this e-mail ends up in my inbox? Sometimes another company name is used instead of veritest.com.

What is this stuff? If it's some kind of scam I fail to see how it works as the messages listed are obviously junk mail. And yet, if this is a spam filter deployed by Eircom it still fails to stop most junk mail.

Dear [email protected]: You have 8 NEW spam messages since 11/13/2007 03:50:09 (UCT)

The following is a list of messages that have been stopped by the Spam Quarantine™ email filtering service.

To recover a message to your Inbox, click the "Move to Inbox" link. If a message has been incorrectly identified as spam, click the "Not Junk" link. When you click the "Not Junk" link, the message will be recovered to your Inbox, and a copy will be submitted to the FrontBridge Spam Team for analysis. To read a spam message, click on the Subject and you will be directed to the Spam Quarantine™ login. After logging in, the message you clicked on will be displayed.

To change the language of this notification, go to Language Settings under Options page in Spam Quarantine.

Messages are automatically deleted from Spam Quarantine after 15 days.

Back