"Springboard" Mortgage / Shared Ownership

S

Seam

Hi all, I know someone who recently got a mortgage with Springboard. He's self employed and was having problems with proof of income etc.

I know they're new to the market and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about them?? Are they similar to Start Mortgages. I have a bad credit history and was thinking of applying to Springboard for a remortgage.

I bought my house through the Shared Ownership scheme in the County Council. Due to relastionship breakdowns and other reasons I ran into credit problems, which are now all cleared but my record is still black.

Any advice how to get out of the 50/50 scheme. It's worrying to me because I feel I'm wasting money because I still have to buy out the other 50% of the house.
Thanks

Re: Springboard Mortgaged/Shared Ownership

I know they are owned by the Irish Life & Permanent Group.

If i were you Sean i would be looking towards Leeds Building Society. With Springboard, you're looking at interest rates similar to that of Start. They do offer "Bounceback" bonuses whereby if you are with them two years they reduce your interest rate & other bonuses, but they generally offer similar rates to Start & GE. What interest rate are you on at the moment? Cheers Johnny

I've just seen this post and am in a very similar position. I too have a shared ownership loan and a bad credit history and would like to get out of the shared ownership contract.

I have never heard of Leeds B.S. Are they English? I would be interested in finding out more about them.

Annimen

yes they are English but have an Irish division - you have to go through IFG to get the deal

rumour has it Start will be reviewing rates on offer very soon for clients who are getting themselves back on track, similiar to the Springboard mortgage deal

regards

DeirdreL

www.rea.ie

Deirdre You don't have to go through IFG. We have an agency with them and we're not with IFG. Cheers John

MortgageMate

just got the info from their website, it doesn't indicate any other broker channel other than IFG...

[broken link removed]

regards
DeirdreL

www.rea.ie

Read carefully, they operate through IMAF also.

Otherwise i had better ring those clients that have drawndown and ask for their money back

:p

Back