Spacewagon

U

Unregistered

Looking to buy 1.8 spacewagon price region 4-6 Thousand Euro. seems not to much choice around ie carzone/buy&sell, plenty of 2.0 L, but I was hoping to keep running costs down, Is there much difference between 1.8L and 2L running costs cheers

probably not a great deal other than the obvious tax/ins stuff. you should go diesel if you can. contrary to popular opinion modern diesels only rattle when stopped and when you are underway they can be very smooth and powerful plus you get probably 50% more mpg

i forgot to mention that diesels are much easier to get through the nct than petrols as they only have to pass a smoke test
ie no black crap spewing out = pass.

I'd agree with eamonn66 - get a diesel if you can (although I know they're harder to come by). I drove one for about 5 years and it was a great old workhorse - we even drove right across France and Spain in it, once! It sipped diesel, never gave a day's trouble, and was very economical to service.:)

Thanks but isn't diesel now more expension than petrol, cheers

The fine particles in our air are increasing.That could be the end for older diesel cars and it could mean expensive retrofitting of dieselfilters for the others.It happened already in France,the Netherlands,Germany,Italy to name a few.
When you take your old banger to these countrys you could be stopped and the keys taken from you.But you will get them back as soon as the local air is in a better state,as soon as the fine particle concentration has fallen.In citys like Paris or Munich or Rotterdam you could get stucked for several month ....Unless you find a towaway vehicle , but these will be scarce since they will be in high demand and they might run on Diesel as well.
heinbloed

Not sure about this , but if you had 20 litres of diesel in one car and 20 litres of Pertrol in another , which would get the most miles,

That is because diesel is heavier ; it has more carbon per volume . If comparing like with like-that is comparing the weight- 20 kg of diesel will bring you as far as 20 kg of petrol . Therefore burning a liter of diesel will pollute the air with more CO2 than a liter of petrol , for example .

Back