Sourcing Solicitor East Cork Region

Anto318

Hi all,

Myself and my partner are in the process of applying for a mortgage and need to source a competitive rated solicitor.

I am a first time buyer so this is all pretty new to me, any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone could recommend a solicitor in the East Cork region(cork city would be ok aswell) would be really appreciated.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance
Anthony

Hi Anthony,

I picked out the goldenpages and rang around, you'd be surprised at the different rates you receive. I felt I got a good deal from [broken link removed] if you're willing to travel to Cork city.

Best of Luck...

I have had some dealings with John Henchion who is in Blarney and found him efficient and reasonably priced. Ph. 021 4382870.

But I suspect Blarney is not East Cork. My geography of the South is pretty deplorable.

Liam D. Ferguson
www.ferga.com

Just make sure you find out exactly what services they are providing for the price - the fixed-price options can look cheap, but if they are not including some essential services in the price (e.g. planning searches, boundary searches) it could cost more in the long term, and you will have to deal with more people also.

Find out also how they will be closing the sale, i.e. by post or in person, as if by post they will draw down a full week ahead of closing, which will cost you in interest, and might be troublesome if you want a quick closure. They may charge extra if you need them to do face to face close.

Just some things that came up when I used another fixed price solicitor in East Cork, I'm no expert. I found also that the fixed price did what it said on the tin, but offered no advice on anything, which from speaking to other people who were buying 'full-price' solicitor would.

Per the Key Posts, what looks the cheapest isn't always the cheapest or the best option.

Back