sound card

levelpar

How do I find out if my Dell Dimension 3000 (about 3 yrs old) has a 16 bit sound card with MIDI port.

It means the minimalist sound processing capability is provided by circuits built into the computer's motherboard rather tham by an add-in dedicated expansion card.

It means the minimalist sound processing capability is provided by circuits built into the computer's motherboard rather tham by an add-in dedicated expansion card

Thanks. I understand "minimalist" ,so I reckon ,I need the sound card for what I want to do :)

What sort of capabilities or card do you reckon you'll need? I have a bunch of basic PCI soundcards knocking around and you're welcome to one if it suits. I don't have the details handy but they should all be basic SoundBlaster compatible models.

What sort of capabilities or card do you reckon you'll need? I have a bunch of basic PCI soundcards knocking around and you're welcome to one if it suits. I don't have the details handy but they should all be basic SoundBlaster compatible models

Thanks for the offer but a local computer shop put in a sound card for 70 euro'
I thought that all I needed was "A PC to MIDI adapter cable to connect MIDI keyboard to PC"

I am still waiting for the cable. The" Teach me" DVD cost little more than half the cost of the sound card and I still have to buy the cable whenever that arrives

Yes , I believe that it can do wonderful things. As a matter of fact, the site is [broken link removed] and I think I have opened a can of worms

Yes , I believe that it can do wonderful things. As a matter of fact, the site is [broken link removed] and I think I have opened a can of worms
Now you've probably discovered that the DSP on the sound-card has greater processing power than your PC, minimum memory / processing requirements for running music composition software exceed what your PC can handle, the hard-drive itsn't big or fast enough, the operation system is the wrong one - have I missed anything?

Now you've probably discovered that the DSP on the sound-card has greater processing power than your PC, minimum memory / processing requirements for running music composition software exceed what your PC can handle, the hard-drive itsn't big or fast enough, the operation system is the wrong one - have I missed anything? Today 07:17 PM

I don't have th cable to try out .I have DSP (whatever that means) on my casio keyboard.
Maybe you could explain in simple terms what it actually does? Thanks

Back