someone to put up curtain poles

holly77

I'm moving into my apartment this week, and I need to get curtains up ASAP (it's a new apartment so there are no existing fittings). There are 3 windows. I have never done any kind of DIY so I have no idea how to do this myself. Is it easy to do, or does anyone know someone who would do this - I'm in D15 area.

My best friend's hubby did mine yesterday. It looked very DIYable from my angle on the couch! :D All you need is a hammer drill, rawl plugs & a measuring tape to mark out where you want to drill the holes.

ribena said:
My best friend's hubby did mine yesterday. It looked very DIYable from my angle on the couch! :D All you need is a hammer drill, rawl plugs & a measuring tape to mark out where you want to drill the holes.

and a spirit level , one would assume

Cars easy tips for putting up a curtain pole...

As most poles are going up within several inches of the ceiling, start on the left hand side of the window (no particular reason).
Put the holder for the curtain pole bracket against the wall where you want it to go. Pencil mark the spots for drilling. Drill your holes making sure to use a suitable sized drill bit for the rawl plug. If unsure of size, use a smaller sized bit to start with as you can widen the hole later if needs be, you wouldnt be able to go back if your first drill bit attempt is too large.

If your on your own its hard to use a spirit level when putting up a curtain pole, so measure the distance from the top drilled hole for your screw to the ceiling. Then go to the location for your bracket on the right hand side of the window and drop the same measured distance. Put your bracket holder against that and pencil in the rest of your drill holes. Make sense?
As the man said, measure twice, cut once. (or drill once as it is in this case).

car said:
...... Then go to the location for your bracket on the right hand side of the window and drop the same measured distance. Put your bracket holder against that and pencil in the rest of your drill holes. Make sense?
As the man said, measure twice, cut once. (or drill once as it is in this case).

This assumes the ceiling is level :)

fandango1 said:
This assumes the ceiling is level :)
As far as I know (and what I do based on what the da taught me! :)) is level with respect to the ceiling rather than the window frame if both are not parallel.

Back