"Someone has recognized me - what can I do?"

Brendan Burgess

Founder
If you have been identified from a post and it is a problem for you, e.g. because you have spoken about an inheritance, you can edit your post to remove the identifying detail. Do not delete the entire content as this disrupts the flow of the thread.

If the post has been quoted by others, use the Report Post facility i.e. the little red triangle on the top right hand side and the moderators will decide whether or not to delete the post.

In exceptional cases, we can do one of the following:

• Delete all threads started by you
  • Delete all your posts (but this does not delete the replies quoting them)
  • Change your user name
This requires a lot of admin work by the mods, so it is better to be careful about your posts in the first place.

Also, when we delete a thread, the people who have replied often ask why we deleted the thread and the conspiracy theorists have a field day.

I would like to add that people working for the Revenue also read this site. People looking for tax advice should be made aware of this.

That shouldn't make any difference to the person looking for advice as the only advice they'll get here is legal advice.

If Revenue are monitoring this forum it's a good thing as they'll get a feel for the difficulties that people have.

They'll also get a feel for what legitimate steps people are taking to overcome their difficulties.

I remember an article in the papers (Indo I think) about Revenue investigations checking up on LinkedIn to get a more rounded view on the scope of the professional activities of some of their targets.

Back