Solictor Recommendation? Trying to get a refund for a faulty car from dealership

tmd1992

Hi,

Wondering if anyone could provide a recommendation for a solicitor who can help me. Bought a secondhand car for 8k from a dealership which was faulty back in March. They agreed to repair and fault is occuring now again and we've asked for a refund. They are ignoring our emails/calls so will likely need a to get a solicitor involved. They are not part of SIMI.

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a reasonably priced solicitor who may have experience and could assist?

Appreciate the response, I'm in Kerry, but trying to find someone in Dublin (if it does need to go to court).

Appreciate the response, I'm in Kerry, but trying to find someone in Dublin (if it does need to go to court).
I'd imagine that Jazz01 wanted to know where you bought the car and where the dealer is situated. Unless of course you don't trust Kerry solicitors :confused:

It's an €8,000 car. You won't end up in the High Court! It will be dealt with in a District Court in Kerry if it gets that far. A Kerry solicitor would be more suitable for this.

Apologies, read that completely wrong. Dealership is in Dublin. Haha, no issues with any solicitors but convenient if from Dublin if it needs to go to court as trying to keep costs down (travel etc.).

@tmd1992 - for such in Dublin, unfortunately I don't.

I would think a local solicitor would be able to resolve it for you or at least help you in that regard. The solicitor would not be visiting the dealership per se - just exchanging phone calls / letters to get it resolved.

Back