solicitors fees for buying a house?

eco

hi

just wondering if anyone knows the general fee solicitors charge when your buying a house. My sisters charged her 2grand- but other people have said its 1% of the purchase price of the house

can anyone enlighten me

i paid €2300 in total. €1500 was the solicitors fee
i paid €230,000 for the house so yes, it was 1%

i paid €2300 in total. €1500 was the solicitors fee
i paid €230,000 for the house so yes, it was 1%

what was the other 800 for?

the house we are interested in is very low as its a fixer upper

Ah just all the bits and pieces that they do like signing forms, legal stuff and if i remember correctly, they charged €50 for postage!!

they're robbing gits so they are but it has to be paid! i checked around 6 solicitors in the area, got all their prices and picked the one in the middle! Think the cheapest was about 1800 and the dearest was 3500 - not sure on what the differences where so that's why i picked the middle one!

Hmmm - would've thought 'Conveyancing' is 'Conveyancing' and that they had to do it correctly, so therefore I would've went for the cheapest or am i missing something here??

Well i know nothing about solicitors to be honest, that's why i just picked the middle one!! Oh actually, i think the cheapest one said something about the land registry and said i'd have to sort that bit myself as they didn't do that??!!

There are three aspects/parts to the bottom line figure you pay your solicitor.

1. The fee
2. VAT on the fee- currently 21.5%
3. Outlays - this is for your Land Registry or Registry of Deeds fees, your closing searches and your commissioners fees on swearing such documents as Family Law Declarations and the like.

Its important to make sure that each part is itemised when getting your quote. It means that you are comparing like with like.

mf