Solicitors and EA fees

Lambchops65

Hi all, I am just wondering what the standard solicitors and EA fees are for buying and selling a house?

Im selling and buying with the same estate agent so he has reduced his fee from 1.5% to 1% so I think that's very fair and the reason why I gave him he sale of my property.
Solicitor is quoting €2,800 for purchase and €2,000 for sale. Stamp duty is another 1% then of house price.

Do these costs seems high/reasonable?

Thanks

From previous experience, your EA fee is great. I've bought & sold with the same, somebody I know & he wouldn't budge from 1.5!
Solicitor fee seems high, but I guess it depends where you are. I'm in the north-west. I was charged in & around 2.5k for buying & selling I think.

is quoting €2,800 for purchase and €2,000 for sale. Stamp duty is another 1% then of house price.
Is this total cost, including all outlays, or just the professional fees element?

If possible, to compare you need to look just at the professional fee, and any 'miscellaneous office' type fees. These are the only variables- the outlays, land registry, etc, will be the same regardless of which solicitor you use, but vary by how the property is registered and the value.

Is this total cost, including all outlays, or just the professional fees element?

If possible, to compare you need to look just at the professional fee, and any 'miscellaneous office' type fees. These are the only variables- the outlays, land registry, etc, will be the same regardless of which solicitor you use, but vary by how the property is registered and the value.
I went back and asked him to lower his fee. He's dropped it to €1,000 plus Vat + outlay. So purchase now at €2,500 and sale €1,500.

From previous experience, your EA fee is great. I've bought & sold with the same, somebody I know & he wouldn't budge from 1.5!
Solicitor fee seems high, but I guess it depends where you are. I'm in the north-west. I was charged in & around 2.5k for buying & selling I think.
When I went to view the property he asked me if I had a home to sell. When I replied yes he said one of the conditions would be that Id give him that to sell! So I said, that's grand but I'd only do so if he reduced his fee.;)

Back