Solicitor Recommendation

kkelly77

Hello all,

Is recommending a solicitor on the forum allowed? If so, I am seeking the recommendation of a solicitor who deals primarily with or has a good deal of experience in consumer law.

Thanks for the suggestions or apologies for breaking forum rules.

K.

Last edited:
Why not outline what area you live (county or town) and give a little more detail of your needs? You can then request that posters send you a PM.

Why not outline what area you live (county or town) and give a little more detail of your needs? You can then request that posters send you a PM.

Hi Purple,

I'm in the Kildare area. I will potentially be taking legal action against a garage I recently purchased a car from. Basically the car I purchased has had a string of problems within the 2 weeks I have it and I am now looking for my old car back from the garage as well as a sum of money I paid while trading in my old car. I feel I have the Sale of Goods and Services Act 1980 on my side. I will be sending the garage a written letter of complaint by registererd post and if I'm not satisfied with the outcome I will need legal advice/council.

K

Your purchase is governed by your contract which will have an arbitration clause in it if it is the standard SIMI contract. It's fairly straightforward and most solicitors should be able to deal with it. I'm currently proceeding against a garage in Kildare for something similar and they are proving very difficult - i wonder if it's the same place.

Your purchase is governed by your contract which will have an arbitration clause in it if it is the standard SIMI contract. It's fairly straightforward and most solicitors should be able to deal with it. I'm currently proceeding against a garage in Kildare for something similar and they are proving very difficult - i wonder if it's the same place.

The I have the issue with are based in Dublin. Also, they are not a member of SIMI.

K

In my opinion, users should take care in evaulating third-party recommendations sent by PM, to ensure that they are genuine and that the person making them is independent of the recommended business.

Just an update on the situation - The garage have contacted me so say my car is ready to be collected. I am reluctant to take it back because my whole case is based on the fact I have no confidence in the car's reliability and want a refund. The garage are telling me that they will start charging me for the courtesy car I have at the moment if I do not return it.

I'm planning to return the courtesy car but will not take back the vehicle I purchased as I feel it will weaken my case if I do. Any advice on this course of action?

K

Has anyone any experience of using the simi arbitration system

Back