Nationwide Solicitor for debt collection

Leon76

Hi,

I own a business and my biggest client has held me to ransom in regards a big discount they want. They basically want 25% of the final bill and I can't afford it. I've been using one or two Dublin based solicitors over the past couple of Years. They have had some degree of success collecting but I was wondering if anyone can recommend a top solicitor who has a proven track record in debt collection, etc. regards.

Re: Best Debt collector Solicitor

Ultimately, it is not down to the solicitor but the debtor. Debt collection is about following pretty straightforward steps. Crosskerry's are good because they have a good system in place. They aren't actually any better than anyone else at making a debtor stump up.

we use croskerrys also and they're good. they keep you updated on everything and the only debts that weren't paid were the ones where the debtor moved address and the debt was too little to be viable to do a search for them.

hth

I rang Crosskerry's y'day.I got put thru to debt collection and they asked me around 10 questions about my company. When they looked up my company (while I was on the phone) she said that we were a 'risk' business as we'd made a loss in 2007-08. She also told me that we had failed to make some tax returns. At this stage I was fairly p*ssed off as I know our taxes are up to date. I explained that we'd been in business 8 yrs and every year apart from the last we 'd made a profit. She said that she would need a retainer of €700 before she could act for my business. I said fine, thats not a problem. I'm awaiting an application pact in the post.She said that the application process was quite detailed(i.e copy of passport etc to be provided) so after my phone call I'm really looking forward to checking my post Monday (NOT).......They seem on the ball though!!

They probably just checked your company on the CRO. Are you late for any companies office returns? These are not tax returns now.

A risk to who now? Them?

A €700 retainer would be normal enough. They are fairly good at collecting bad debts though and are worth the money. Crosskerrys are ruthless.

what makes crosskery's any more effective than any other solicitor? surely they all follow the same (inneffective) steps to recover debts? If someone has no property to their name there's nothing stopping them walking away from their debts in this country.

what makes crosskery's any more effective than any other solicitor? surely they all follow the same (inneffective) steps to recover debts? If someone has no property to their name there's nothing stopping them walking away from their debts in this country.

Some are just more ineffective than others.

Back