Solicitor Fees for Selling and Buying

suzyann

Hi

I am looking to sell my existing house and buy a new house valued at 520,000 . I rang the solicitor that I used to buy my first house for a quote on fees for selling my existing house and buying a new one . He has quoted me 1500 to sell my house and a further 2,200 to buy the new house. So all in all it will come to legal fees of 3,700- Is this a good price ? Is it easier to deal with the same solicitor than move to another ?

Thanks
Suzanne

Sound very expensive to me. it is easier to stay with the same solicitor but i would def ask him to revise his quote. I bought a house recently for €350K and remortgaged another one for €200K and my solicitor charged me €2,200 (+VAT and outlays) for the lot. I sometimes think that the smaller a practice is the better value you get.

Does the figure quoted of €3,700 include VAT and outlays?

If it does, it would seem reasonable to me based on the fact that there are two transaction.

milly123-does €2,200 + VAT + outlay not come somewhere close to €3,500?

Be careful about getting the lowest price, as the service might match the price. There have been a number of posters who have complained about the poor service received from cut price solicitors recently. I'm not saying that they should be avoided, but it is generally a good idea to get recommendations from trusted sources (family, friends etc) before making a decision as the costs of getting it wrong are high in terms of the stress levels.

Hi All,

Bought and sold a house over a year ago.
Used [broken link removed] - €1000 + VAT + Outlay for each transaction regardless of house values.
They got a local solicitor to contact me and everything went smoothly. They have a solicitor in almost every county.
best of luck

Back