Sole Trader Insurance

B.A.C.

As there are many people making money these days from blogs and advertising I am curious to know what insurance a sole trader blogger would require if a member of the public were to sue the sole trader for some advice the sole trader wrote on their blog which the claimant is trying to say had a negative impact upon their life.

With the claim happy cluture in Ireland it can be quite expensive to hire a solicitor to defend claims no matter how frivolous they are so what insurance would cover this scenario (legal fees + court costs + any payout to claimant)?

Thanks.

As there are many people making money these days from blogs and advertising I am curious to know what insurance a sole trader blogger would require if a member of the public were to sue the sole trader for some advice the sole trader wrote on their blog which the claimant is trying to say had a negative impact upon their life.

With the claim happy cluture in Ireland it can be quite expensive to hire a solicitor to defend claims no matter how frivolous they are so what insurance would cover this scenario (legal fees + court costs + any payout to claimant)?

Thanks.
I got this quote from Bluesky Insurance for sole trader professional indemnity cover:
Premium for both policy's as follows €496.00.
Cover 2.6 Million Public Liability and €130,000 Professional Indemnity.
Phone Kevin at 86 2573448 or Tel: 042-9329333
Fax: 042-9329334 Lo call: 1850 677 678
web: www.blueskyfinancial.ie

I have no connection with them and I am not a customer.

Back