Solar panel costs?

Abbica

Hi, our ESB came in and I think it is very high, it cost €320 for 2 months and there are only 2 of us in the house. We leave the hall night on all night and then use only lights on in the room we are present in, we have solar panels and HRV system that is back up by an oil condensing boiler. I only turn the emersion on twice a week for 1 hr max in total to boost the heating for greasy dishes. I only use the washing machine every three days. TV is always on at the wall, actually turned on every night. shower and cook as normal every night adn that is it.

Can anyone explain to me at all or have an inkling about how our ESB is so high when the two of us are away at work everday and just use the house at night to do the usual basics?

Hi, our ESB came in and I think it is very high, it cost €320 for 2 months and there are only 2 of us in the house. We leave the hall night on all night and then use only lights on in the room we are present in, we have solar panels and HRV system that is back up by an oil condensing boiler. I only turn the emersion on twice a week for 1 hr max in total to boost the heating for greasy dishes. I only use the washing machine every three days. TV is always on at the wall, actually turned on every night. shower and cook as normal every night adn that is it.

Can anyone explain to me at all or have an inkling about how our ESB is so high when the two of us are away at work everday and just use the house at night to do the usual basics?

Hi, no I have done that and checked the meter, all is correct, so I dragged my OH around the house last night questioning everything, and I say, what are the fans I hear, what is that? He said, it is the HRV but it is so cheap to run that it shouldn't really affect our bill that much. I say, turn the bloomin thing off, that is what is probably making our bill sky high? Am I correct in saying this, would this be the reason why our bill is so high, only thing I can think of??? Does anyone know how much it costs to run HRV on average weekly? I think we just had the air circulating, no heat was on???

Back