Small development in Balrothery called Balruddery Wood

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
U

Unregistered

Am looking at a house in a small development in Balrothery called Balruddery Wood. Does anyone know what the area is like?
sc

Re: Balrothery

I'm from Firhouse and used to work in a garage in Balrothery about 5 years ago. It was fairly wild then -lots of junkies calling to the garage every night and a fair bit of joyriding going on but besides that it was grand.

I was looking at a house there, it seems like a nice spot.

Close to Ardgillan Castle (eavesdropping on concerts) but its a lovely park. Very small village, quite. Close to M1 . Close to beach, train links in Balbriggan. We were looking at a house, which was quite close to a busy road. But the sale fell through so we didnt end up moving. You have all you need for shopping etc in Balbriggan the Pavillions is only 15 minutes away.

Ignore the unregistered person - what a terrible thing to say - There are plenty of worse things i could say about Tallaght!
Balruddery Wood is a lovely location and the houses seem great if a little smaller than the average 3 bed. There are no front gardens, only parking bays so if that's a factor and you have children you might want to consider this. Pros of Balrothery include it's closeness to the M1, Balbriggan, Swords and the village style of life. Cons include the fact that it's terribly close to the soon to be constructed M1 business Park which will bring a good bit of industrial traffic past the village. Close to Argillen which means for traffic problems in the summer. No rail link, it's only serviced by the "provincial" bus eireann bus, which is every half hour, for Dublin Bus and CIE connections you need to head into Balbriggan town itself. Schools are under pressure in the area due to the influx of new residents also. But all in all, it's a lovely village, mind you it's very much in demand and prices for similar properties in Balbriggan itself can be as much as 10% less, the demand is so much.
HTH (from someone who actually lives in the general area)!

I thought you were talking about Balrothery which is actually a part of Tallaght - right beside the national basketball arena and my comments were a fair reflection of that area at that time IMO - it may have drastically changed since then but not to my knowledege

Make sure your postal address is Balruddery Wood, Balrothery, Balbriggan, Co Dublin or your post WILL end up in Balrothery, Dublin beside Tallaght and even then it is no guarantee. A friend of mine has had a nightmare for the last couple of years getting post becuase when it is sorted it goes to Tallaght.

I live in Balrothery. The correct one being mentioned here.

I think Balrothery is great.

There is a small convenience store for the stuff you forget. There is a primary school. And that's about it. And that's the way I like it.

All the houses generally look different and not big cul de sacs of row upon row of the same houses.
You are close to Ardgillan and Skerries.
You are close to the train and the m1. I can get to the airport in 15 mins.

The m1 business park will get all it's traffic from the other side. It won't come near Balrothery. It's about 2-3 miles away.

You can walk to Balbriggan in 20-25 minutes if you want to (I do). There is a Tesco, SuperValu, nmedical hall, usual smalls shops, Church etc etc. It has a new ring round around it etc. It is getting alof of funding to update it and modernise it. Lots of new business parks being built.

All the Balbriggan housing estate are on the other side of the town. Balrothery is seen as the "posh suburb" of Balbriggan. Balbriggan is a little old and worn down in places but it is imporving quickly.

Finally, if you decide to live in Lusk, Rush, Skerries etc it will take you longer to get anywhere. They are serviced by 1 road from the N1 and then to the M1. Balrothery is just off the M1 and even though further out it's only 10 mins to Swords with all the great shops in the area there.

Back