"Small Claims Court" to resolve complaints aginst providers of professional service?

ajapale

Can the "Small Claims Court" procedure be used to resolve small (<€2k) complaints against providers of professional services? Such as medical, dentistry, vetenary, civil engineers, house surveyors, quantity surveyors, solicitors, accountants, etc.

Re: "Small Claims Court" to resolve complaints aginst providers of professional servi

I would say yes if you are a consumer (for example. buying your own house, filing your paye tax return) but no if it is a commercial transaction (investment property, taxes for your own business and so on). District Court office should have more detailed info.

Re: "Small Claims Court" to resolve complaints aginst providers of professional servi

Thanks MOB,

I should have said consumer above. I wonder whether the dispute resolution process of the body regulating the profession has to be exhausted first?

aj

You can submit complaint and request for amount claimed with Small Claims online. If you are outside their scope, they will contact you and make refund of the nominal fee.

Back