small bathroom extension plans

djr

hi all,

i want to extend my bathroom a little, over an existing kitchen extension. it's a total area of about 4m2, but because it's on the 1st floor, and less than 2m from my boundary wall, i need planning permission from fingal.

i need plans drawn up, to scale obviously, for the extension, but can anyone tell me exactly what kind of plans would be accepted? do they have to be done by a qualified architect, draftsman or so? or can i do them myself so long as they are well proportioned, and to the correct scale?

has anyone done this before when submitting plans for a small extension?

i'm trying to minimize cost. the extension basically involves removing the current kitchen roof, building up the blockwork another 7 or 8 courses, and roofing the new part of the bathroom. the existing bathroom window can move out to the new wall, leaving the lintel in place for an open doorway between the existing bathroom and the new portion. it's quite a wide window, so it'll provide plenty of room for getting between the rooms.

if i haven't been clear, just shout and i'll answer any questions.

cheers,

djr.

You could do it yourself, but bear in mind that there is a substantial amount of information required, including plans, sections & elevations of all the house.

More prudent to hire somebody to do the planning application including the drawings. This could be an Architect, Architectural Technician or Draughtsman.

Back