slider mobile phones query

lluvia

Hi
I'm geeting a new phone and would like to know if the slider phones come with a key lock. I went to a couple of phone places and asked and they didn't have a clue. I really like the samsung u900 soul, does anyone know if you can lock the key pad??
Also, has anyone bought a mobile phone online? Can anyone recomend a shop that sells unlocked phones?
Thanks.

My Fiancee has a sony erricsson w580i and it is a slide phone when u close it it auto locks.
Hope this helps

Does it mean then that the buttons on the outside panel of the phone don't work unless you slide it open?
I'm not sure I'm explaining this properly.. usually there are at least two buttons on the outside case,(call and cancel) in my phone if you press the call button it will show the last 10 dialled numbers and unless the phone is locked it may call one of these while in your pocket or handbag..

I have a Nokia 6500 slider - When I slide it closed the lock key comes up so I can just press this or I have it set to come on automatically after 30sec. The buttons on the front are locked and they can be unlocked without opening the slide. Two buttons similar to regular Nokia. When you open the slide it unlocks automatically. Also if I leave the slide open for a while it locks.

Hope that makes sense

Thats great I hope all models are the same...
Can anyone recomend a shop to buy unlocked phones?
Thanks!

I have a samsung u600 and there is an option to lock the keys once you slide it closed.

Thanks ailbhe do you mind me asking if you are happy with the phone? I read a few reviews about it and a lot of people complained about the sound being to low... Someone mentioned that samsung were upgrading this problem with new sofware to download or something... do you know if the problem has been sorted?

I haven't found any problems with it but I don't really use the MP3 player in it so perhaps thats why.
I've had it a while and never had any trouble with it.

I have a Nokia 6110 navigator.The keys lock when the slider is slid shut.I'm on Vodafone and on the Vodafone website I found instructions to make it accept any sim card.

Hi caff
I thought that you can only unlock the phones after spending a certain amount of money on calls, does vodafone sell unlocked phones on their prepay package? I had a look on the website and all I could find is that I need to go into my vodafone for the instructions to unlock the phone but I'm not with vodafone.
Thanks

Back