Skype problem - keep getting 'spam' calls & chats

sadie

I have Skype installed. Recently I am getting 'spammed' by people asking for chats and calls. I have set my privacy options to only accept calls and chats from my contacts list. How does this happen? Is it a program crawling through all the names on Skype or is it coming from one of my contacts address books?

When skype first came out there was a network of people just calling others randomly but it was all social, didnt think this would still be going as as the novelty wore off.
Is it actually spam where theyre asking you if youre interested in a product or is it people just ringing for a chat?

The chat invitations were all from people with the word 'sexy_' in their name! And then got an invite to share details from a scantily clad lady today, which makes me think it's not actual people.

I have changed privacy options now to only accept invitations for chats and calls from people I have shared details with, that might fix it. Had just gotten another two in the last few minutes...

Sadie
I am getting the same calls and my setting is to only accept chats from people I have shared details with but I keep getting these calls I am sure its Spam but I don't know how to stop it

Back