Sky+

The Punter said:
Not if you subscribe to the full package, otherwise it is an extra 15 a month

It doesn't have to be the full package. Just one premium package is sufficient. So, if you just subscribe to Sky Sports but not Sky Movies, there is no monthly charge.

I just ordered Sky+ this lunchtime. A friend of mine who is a current subscriber gave me a voucher to get the Sky+ box for free. I'm a happy Chorus subscriber but can't resist getting a free Sky+ box because I know it's fantastic. I have been keeping my eye on Sky offers over the past few months. Sky+ is usually in or around €20 cheaper on their website than on their flyers. I know last christmas the Sky+ box dropped to something like €69. I'm sure every Sky subscriber gets vouchers every so often to introdue a friend. Ask around.

By the way, you need to subscribe to 2 premium channels in order to get Sky+ for free, otherwise it's €15 a month. If you go with their current offer, you get the full package for €15 for the first three months which entitles you to Sky+ for free for those months.

ribena said:
I just ordered Sky+ this lunchtime. A friend of mine who is a current subscriber gave me a voucher to get the Sky+ box for free. I'm a happy Chorus subscriber but can't resist getting a free Sky+ box because I know it's fantastic.

Its a shame that if you are otherwise happy with Chorus you have to move to Sky to get a PVR (Sky+). By this point Chorus (and NTL) really should be offering these to customers.

ribena said:
By the way, you need to subscribe to 2 premium channels in order to get Sky+ for free, otherwise it's €15 a month. If you go with their current offer, you get the full package for €15 for the first three months which entitles you to Sky+ for free for those months.

The current offer aside, in order to keep Sky+ for free, you have to subscribe to at least 2 premium channels as ribena says.
The "Sports" or "Movies" package includes at least 2 premium channels so just one of those packages is sufficient.

Back