Sky v Free to Air

I picked up dtt with a coax cable and a metal hanger.TV is MPEG4. It's available alright. Not officially launched. Still being tested apparently.

Between the rte aerial and free to air there is plenty to watch. The differnce between free to air and sky is the channel choice and cost.

What channels do you need? You could just get the basic sky package for 22 euro a month and after one year you can cancel and just used the equipment to pick up free sat channels.

Greenhorn with Freesat question(s)

My friend's conundrum...

Info:
- Living in Ashtown (Royal Canal Park to be specific) with an appartment facing towards the royal canal.
- Onsite Sky engineer today said the tree across the road was obstructing the Sky dish's view/sight.
- Her only other paid-TV solution where she lives is Cablewatch & they offer a poor & limited service at best.
- she currently has a 10ish year old CRT Phillips TV with analogue tuner/aerial on the back (considering upgrading to a Full HD TV with built in digital Freesat tuner)

Questions:
- Can she get Freesat in her area without having to fit a dish? (apologies if this is a stupid question, the thread so far implies yes but want to be sure)
- Will she be able to tune in all of the stations listed on the wikipedia URL mentioned earlier in this thread?
- What equipment (STB, digital tuner box, mpeg4 decoder etc...I'm not TV tech savvy sorry) specifically will she need to buy? Any recommended makes, models etc?
- If she did need to fit a dish (e.g. because of a poor non-dish-based Freesat signal in her area); are Freesat dishes pointed in a different direction than Sky TV dishes (considering the tree).

Or am I over-complicating things & would all the above be irrelevant by simply buying a TV with a built in digital freesat tuner?

Back