Wrong forum sky + and multiroom and phone sockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnywalk

hi

I am hoping someone can help here

We are with sky for about 5 years.. we got multiroom installed about 4 years ago.. the sky+ box is in one room and normal sky box in another.. we always had the sky+ box hooked up to a phone socket but not the multiroom

Sky sent us a letter in feb warning us to hook the multiroom box up or they would charge us for fullprice for sky in that room (61 E as opposed to 15E)
my husband rang and said we would hook it up which we did (we have phone sockets in both rooms..) what we didnt realise is that neither of these phone sockets work.. they used to as i had a phone plugged into one about 6 months ago!!
sky went ahead and charged us nearly double this month which I am v v angry about!!...
called and asked why did this happen when we have both sky boxes plugged in and then we discovered the phone points dont work!!!
The main point into the house works and we have our internet router coming off there and a phone!!... (rarely use landline) our broadband recently has been a problem and the DSL keeps dropping so dont know if there is a problem with oour phone line...( we are with vodaphone)

we checked all phone points in the house and none of the other ones work.. the only one that does is a computer phonepoint we had put in one of the rooms that was going to be an office..
Obviously sky now wont back down with the charge!! as our phone lines are not connected to any of our sky boxes!! I am just v annoyed as to why they are making an issue fo this now when it was obviously no problem for the last few years!
have no idea how to fix the phone sockets.. is that an eircom issue or is it an electrician (electrican installed them when the house was being buillt!)..

I am tempted to cancel my sky subscruption and tell them to stuff it!!! I am so cross with them charging us so much extra!! but obviouslyb we do want digital telly and I am not sure what other subcribsers are in the area...

would appreciate advice with this thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back