Sir Bobby proudly presents .....gibberish

S

stobear

He's very fast and if he gets a yard ahead of himself nobody will catch him.
When Bobby gets a word ahead of himself, his brain can't catch him.

Ray Wilkins' day will come one night.
I wouldn't hold your breath, then, Ray...

If you count your chickens before they've hatched, they won't lay an egg.
Bobby must have come from an agricultural background.

Some of the goals were good, some of the goals were sceptical.
And some of them were downright paranoid.

Tottenham have impressed me - they haven't thrown in the towel even though they have been under the gun.
How do you expect them to throw anything when they have a massive weapon on top of them?

Alan Shearer has done very well for us, considering his age. We have introduced some movement into his game because he has got two good legs now. Last season he played with one leg.
So he played Long John Silver-style?

I'm not going to look beyond the semi-final - but I would love to lead Newcastle out at the final.
Probably makes perfect sense to Bobby...

I'd say he's the best in Europe, if you put me on the fence.
A man will say anything when he's in that much pain.

Anything from 1-0 to 2-0 would be a nice result.
Bobby had his standards. 3-0 is totally unacceptable.

He never fails to hit the target. But that was a miss.
Perhaps you have also missed something, Bobby.

We didn't underestimate them. They were just a lot better than we thought.
Who will chip in for a dictionary on Bobby's next birthday?

Well, we got nine and you can't score more than that.
We've checked the FIFA rulebook. He's lying.

Maybe not goodbye, but farewell.
Or perhaps good riddance.

I do want to play the short ball and I do want to play the long ball. I think long and short balls is what football is all about.
So medium balls are out, then?

Romania won’t be up for it because they can’t qualify for the quarter-finals.
This was during Euro 2000. Yes, you've guessed it - Romania did indeed qualify for the quarter-finals.

We're flying on Concorde. That'll shorten the distance. That's self-explanatory.
Couldn't be more clear.

When Gazza was dribbling, he used to go through a minefield with his arm, a bit like you go through a supermarket.
Shopping night in Bobby's gaff must be hell.

Eighteen months ago Sweden were arguably one of the best three teams in Europe, and that would include Germany, Holland, Russia and anybody else if you like.
We don't like.

Finally, the Robson Hall of Tautologies:

Bobby goes out on a limb:
Home advantage gives you an advantage.

Ditto:
In a year's time, he's a year older.

And again:
The first ninety minutes of a football match are the most important.

For good measure...
The margin is very marginal.

Oh, all right. One more...
He (Mehmet Scholl) is very two footed.

And the encore:
Their football was exceptionally good - and they played some good football.

'still you have to laf'

Not really...

'and will be removed in the morning'

probably should be, or we could have the UK soliciters tracking you down to sue you... received nearly a dozen mails this week naming the players, came to 14 differant names of which only 4-5 common to most lists. Not taking away from the crime(if true), its unfortunate for the club as the stigma will hang over the entire club for a long time.

I agree. its was only a joke about sponsorship and I made sure to put it on very late at nite knowing it was 'gone' first thing.
I suppose rte and utv are going to have to turn the crowd noise off during match of the day tonight, cause theres' no way that the 'fans' of the other premiership clubs are not going to sing out loud. Especially I suspect one club managed by a previous manager of Ireland.
the crime (if there was one and dont forget Michael Flatley)
is unforgivable.

joeysoap said " . . . I made sure to put it on very late at nite knowing it was 'gone' first thing . . ."

joey - if you put up a malicious or otherwise debatable post on the basis that someone would magically delete it before anyone would see it, then I think you need to re-examine your approach to this board.

The moderators on this board do their work voluntarily - we do not appreciate someone posting malicious content just for the fun (in fact we don't appreciate malicious content at all, funny enough) and assuming that it will be cleaned up by the cleaning gnomes.

I have no idea what content you are referring to above, but the approach you took and describe yourself seems a bit at odds with the open nature of this board.

z

I don't see what the fuss is - surely non-UK based web forums are immune from the gag order?
What can a player's solicitor do if someone names the players on an Iraqi web forum? Go to war with them?!? (Although using that as an exuse is looking like a more plausible excuse for going to war with Iraq than Blair's reasons!!!)

What if you name the wrong player? Remeber this site is fully funded by Bredan Burgess, he would be liable for any libel.

Nogser

I don't see what the fuss is - surely non-UK based web forums are immune from the gag order?
Fair enough, Joey - Put your money where your mouth is. Off you go now & set up your own website (you can get a free one from www.tripod.com or www.geocities.com), publish your name/address on it so that legal liability is clearly visible and then you can publish all the names of the seven footballers, the Shergar kidnappers, the real killer of Lord Lucan's nanny etc etc etc.

bobby

nobody's been charged with anything either

lighten up

it was a joke about new sponsors for everyones ( or nearly everyones )second favourite team.
I never mentioned the team name, footballers names, etc etc
I mentioned the name of a world famous soft drinks company, nothing more.

some of you must live very sheltered lives.

Back