Signature Capital, German geared commercial property fund

priscilla

hi, my husband and i have some money to invest and have been advised to invest in signature capital,german geared commercial property investment. does anyone have any feedback on the above, it would be much appreciated.

Advised by whom? Why is this specific fund deemed suitable for your specific situation and needs?

Advised by whom? Why is this specific fund deemed suitable for your specific situation and needs?
we have 300k to invest and sought advice from an accountant who provides financial advice for a fee, he dosen't take commisions or get benefits from anyone, it's up to the person getting the advice to make contact themselves with the various products holders themselves if interested. he thought we should diversify, put 100k in stocks and shares, 100k in the overseas property fund and 100k in a high interest bank account. what do you think?.

When you say you 'have €300K to invest', do you mean that you've no significant outstanding debt — mortgage, etc.? What about pensions? Presumably your adviser has run these considerations by you, and has pointed out the tax advantages (to most people) of investing as much as possible in those..?

Re that Signature Capital fund, his previous thread may be of interest.

When you say you 'have €300K to invest', do you mean that you've no significant outstanding debt — mortgage, etc.? What about pensions? Presumably your adviser has run these considerations by you, and has pointed out the tax advantages (to most people) of investing as much as possible in those..?

Re that Signature Capital fund, his previous thread may be of interest.
thanks for the previous thread drmoriarty, i hadn't noticed it. we don't have outstanding debt and my husband is making some avcs to his pension at the moment which we will probably increase after we stop paying our ssias. i don't work so have no pension thus the need to invest this money wisely, i'm planning on sticking around for quite a while. signature seems to have changed its fund this year to german commercial property from residential last year. any ideas how last years fund is doing?.

we have 300k to invest and sought advice from an accountant who provides financial advice for a fee, he dosen't take commisions or get benefits from anyone, it's up to the person getting the advice to make contact themselves with the various products holders themselves if interested. he thought we should diversify, put 100k in stocks and shares, 100k in the overseas property fund and 100k in a high interest bank account. what do you think?.
Are accountants automatically authorised to give such investment advice or do they also need IFSRA AA or multi-agency intermediary registration?

Are accountants automatically authorised to give such investment advice or do they also need IFSRA AA or multi-agency intermediary registration?
don't know but he seems pretty clued in on a lot of things. we've never been in a position to invest in anything before, so we're just looking for something that we don't have to be following up all the time as we're pretty slack in that regard.

What are your short, medium and long term goals/plans and what would be most suitable for funding these? Have you read the Savings & Investments key topics and, in particular, the AAM and IFSRA guides to savings & investments? They provide useful food for thought for what to consider when analysing and planning your savings and investments.

I would be mindful that the Signature fund range operate quite high entrance fees and management fees. I know this because I have an investment with them in their India-China fund and were it not for I believe you really need good management to invest in these markets (as opposed to tracking the market indexes) I don't think I would have invested in Signature (still not sure in fact! guess time will tell....!) So anyway, if you were to invest 100k with them, you would be down over 3k straight away. That is quite a big premium I think. Then there is the annual management fees thereafter. Prob around 2k a year. If your investment doesn't perform then things look even worse.

Have you looked at all the German property investment vehichles? There may be a cheaper one out there. Is German property your only consideration? Would you consider taking out a cheap ETF? There are many good, cheap indexers out there. 1%- 1.5% p.a. Quinn Freeway for example. Their Japan fund looks quite attractive...

Have you looked at all the German property investment vehichles? There may be a cheaper one out there.

What would be the other obvious investment vehicles for Germany? Tracking the DAX? Any syndicate will have entry and admin charges but if that's where you want exposure, how else to invest...?

Back