should legal fees come from 'remaining cash'?

I never like a bill that has a nice round figure like 5,000 on it. It always arises doubts in my mind as to whether this was a properly calculated amount or a figure plucked out of thin air.
I like to see an itemized bill including VAT etc. and if that turns out to be a nice round figure that's fine

But what relevance has that to the above discussion? The OPs bill was not for a round sum.
The solicitor who made the will was appointed again to execute it but sent a bill last week for almost 5,000 euro

I'm not sure I see the relevance of the 'be thankful you got anything posts'. My questions were specific clarifications about the fee and how it is taken in an estate. Thanks to those who confirm that it should be taken from the cash section of the estate.

Brendan, I misused the word 'executor'. My sister was the executor rather than the solicitor, so she could have chosen somebody else.

I have asked for a detailed breakdown of costs, so will see what the 4,834 euro covers. It does not cover funeral costs as we paid for those separately.

Back