Health Insurance Should I renew VHI plan PM 42 15 & PM 43 16 or change?

Aoibheann

Snowy gave me great advice a few years ago and we changed our health insurance to the above plans.

We're due to renew our insurance in January. I am mid-sixties and have stage 4 cancer and my husband is 70 and has a mild heart condition and needs to have his knees replaced sometime in the near future.

I don't know if we should stay with plan PM 4215 or if there's a new plan with better cover we should move to?

Also my two unmarried sons are on plan 4316 and they wonder if they should change their plans? They're both over 25 and are involved in sports so need physio cover and GP cover and whatever else is advisable at their stage of life.

I've been on the HIA comparison site but I've become bamboozled by all the plans. All advice would be much appreciated.

Unfortunately snowyb has not been around of late and is sorely missed :(

Very sorry to hear about your own and husband's health issues but in light of this person's experience having moved plans you need to be very careful about making any changes. A read through this thread might give some advice also.

You could consider paying to speak to a professional about this move but would have to pay the appropriate fee. I've seen a lot of people recommend Dermot Goode at www.totalhealthcover.ie Have not used the service myself so cannot comment on service provided.

Back