AIB Should I continue with the Appeals Panel?

Tdress2020

Really sorry Brendan for all the question.. can the bank write down my mortgage without my authority? Does this not effect my term & condition? Should I continue my appeal with the Independent appeals panel.. I might get a better result from them, in light of the FSPO decision.

That is a really interesting question.

I have lost complete confidence in the Appeals Panel. Don't forget they rejected all appeals with the same two page response, irrespective of the arguments made.

You don't need to do anything for the moment until AIB make an announcement.

If they announce a redress scheme you are not happy with, I presume you can ask the Appeals Panel for more.

I would guess that they will only increase the award if you have suffered a lot of extra stress.

Brendan

Would I be right in saying that if the 5900 customers involved, are not happy with some of the Ombudsman’s decision, Mr Deering might have 5900 new complaints on his desk next July/Aug/Sept, Oh deer oh deer oh deer....

Well given that the 5,900 received €1,615 in redress two years ago and only a couple of hundred of them actually went to the Appeals Panel or the Ombudsman, I think he is safe enough.

Brendan

Take the money and continue your appeal (if you believe it might get a different result).

Last edited:
Back