Should I change banks??

Just realised BofI are supposed to be introducing visa debit soon anyhow though it appears to be anyone's guess as to when it might be. I've seen o2 advertising a money card but I've no idea if it works as a credit or debit card or if it's accepted by all retailers or abroad.

Hi Lidi,
Make an appointment with the manager - no body else. Put your case clearly and
dont be timid about it. Be full of the confidence you should possess with your record.
Look for an explanation firstly for not receiving a reply within a reasonable time.

Make it clear that you don't understand why there is a difficulty and ask for a reason.
With your record they should be delighted with your business.
If you are not facilitated do leave. Without being angry make it clear that there are other banks who would be happy to have customers like you. Choose an alternative and tell them to transfer your account. Good luck Browtal

When applying for the Credit Card what repayment option did you go for? was it the minimum? You say you want the card for the convenience for flights and online shopping, Perhaps you would have a better chance if you opted for a lower limit (e.g.€1000) with a high percentage repayments, ideally if you can afford it 100% of the balance each month. Once you prove to them that you can make that level of payments each month they might be willing to give you a higher limit and reduce the percentage repayments. Just something to consider as if you switch banks you might have to wait a while before they'll give you a credit card either.

Back