Should i be receiving my P45?

caoimhe

Hi all,

I am a public servant who worked for a small semi-state body (11 employees) until January 2005. We were then subsumed into a larger state organisation but effectively continued in our same roles.

Until recently, our pay was done internally for the 11 employees but now the pay role department of the larger organisation are insisting that we are subsumed onto the overall payroll. None of us have an issue with this changeover however, they are insisting that we must be issued with P45s in order for this to happen.

My query is, given that we were subsumed in January 2005 and that both employers were state bodies, should we be issued with P45s? Will this look as if our employment with the state body only commenced in the summer of 2006? Can we oppose the issuing of our P45s as some of my colleagues are uneasy about the idea of receiving a P45? Also, if we must accept the P45s, is there any actual downside to this in the future?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Caoimhe

Hi Caoimhe and welcome to AAM!

Should i be receiving my P45?
No is the answer.

This appears to be an internal administrative issue which has arisen because of the merger of the the two payrolls. The P45's would be run to terminate the employee in the old payroll and the details on the P45 would be used to set up the employees details on the new payroll.

Employees should not notice the change and should not recieve any P45's.

All your HR details such as when you started in the semi state agency remain unchanged so there should be no reason to worry.

aj

Many thanks ajapale,

I think that's all i needed to know.
Our P45s are to be passed on to the other payroll department but we won't be receiving a copy ourselves.
So from what i gather in your post, the fact that our P45s were passed on shouldn't affect us in any noticable way - :) .

Thanks again for the peace of mind.

Caoimhe

Back