Shipping to US recommendations.

nad

Hi
I want to ship a box to the US of miscellaneous items which is approximately 1meter sq. and 25kg. in weight.
Just wondering what would be the best way to go about this and which company to use.
I have had a look online but still not sure where to start or what costs would be involved.

it's not cheap. UPS are quoting €166 on their online portal and seems to be the best, but you need to make the box as small as possible. 1m x 1m will be considered extra large box and charged at €500+

AnPost have max weight of 10kg and are quite expensive at €110 for a 10kg box and are taking up to 2 weeks due to lack of flights

UPS/Fedex/DHL all use their own cargo planes, so no delays

Mailboxesetc might be an option https://www.mbeireland.ie/irelanddublinlombardstreet/parcel/send-a-parcel

Seems fairly expensive alright. Know anyone going to the US? Stick it all in a suitcase and give it to someone - pay the extra luggage fee.

Seems fairly expensive alright. Know anyone going to the US? Stick it all in a suitcase and give it to someone - pay the extra luggage fee.
And the passenger answers 'no' to the question "Did you pack your bag yourself?" !

Having said that - it might be worth checking with a few shipping companies; once upon a time it used to be possible to send excess baggage ahead rather than pay airline charges.

And the passenger answers 'no' to the question "Did you pack your bag yourself?" !

I'd show them what's in the bag or even get them to pack it, kind of, so they can answer honestly with a 'Yes'. It wouldn't be some randomer but a friend etc. It was only a random idea anyway as who knows anyone going to the US at the moment - I don't know anyone going anywhere!

Back