Shipping from China

T

tonyk

Hey der folks,

I was hoping you could give me some advice. I'm looking at shipping containers of goods from China to Dublin but I'm finding it difficult to find shipping companies. I have contacted suppliers and got FOB and CIF prices but I'm interested in dealing with the freight companies myself, so I want to go with the FOB price.. to minimise costs and just to get some experience doing this. Also, I will be hopefully shipping full containers so consolidation is not what I had in mind. I have noticed previous threads that all suggest getting the supplier to pay for everything up to delivery in Dublin port then get a customs clearance agent to sort the rest. I'm ok with the second part of that suggestion but as I say I want to source the containers myself, or at very least through an agent (although this may defeat the purpose.

Ideal situation: my supplier delivers the goods to the ship and the shipping company then charges me a fixed rate for transport to customs at Dublin port.

If anybody has done this can you please suggest some shipping companies (or even agents) that I could contact, in order to shop around on the freight charges?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

tonyk

Back