Shanahans on the Green

J

Jildy

Has anybody eaten here? Is it worth it?
How much are we talking for 2 people with 1 bottle of house wine?

Thought it was over rated meself when I visited in Jan. 2004.
Steaks are their speciality. As I recall all the starters were priced in the 20 to 30 euro range and the main courses priced in the 35 to 50 euro range - didn't bother with deserts. They had an extensive wine list. It's hard to see you getting away with less than about €170 to €180 for two courses plus a bottle of wine for the two of you.

I know a couple who went there and they said it was nice but they found the twenty waiters per table a little overwhelming. Do you go to a lot of fancy restaurants? If you don't I'd say your money might be better spent somewhere else.

Headed there last May for special birthday treat. Worked out about €125 per head for a four course meal with a nice bottle of wine and a few rounds of drinks.

Really enjoyed the experience but wouldn't be spending that much on a regular basis!

Most succulent steak I've ever had was a Shanahans. They look after you there, one waiter per person nearly ;-)

Unfortunately you pay for it - you'll easily pay €100 per person. It's okay, I suppose, if that's the sort of service/restaurant you like.

If you want something more down to earth, try a place called Kitty's Kaboodle - it's great !

Back from my dinner.

€300 for 2 including wine which was €50. It was a very nice meal. Starter was small but main course was too big. Service like I have never seen. Was it worth the money - No. No food is worth €300. We were discussing it on the way home and we had an equally lovely meal at Roly's in Ballsbridge for €150. The service wouldn't have been at the same level but I could live with that.

Back