Setting up a buyers group for Self Builders

Patrick2008

I am thinking of setting up a Buying group whereby Self Builders can come together and get better purchasing power in terms of purchasing materials etc. This could also work for small builders. Similar companies have been set up in other countries and they have worked quite well. As I work in the construction industry as a Chartered Quantity Surveyor I already have some good contacts and we already get good discounts from suppliers as we purchase in bulk. What do you Self Builders think? Would it work?

From working with group purchasing already the biggest problem you will run into getting payment for goods.Secondly when from getting prices people might have changed there minds and not take the product that you have priced.

Sounds like a great idea. Just think of the money you'll save on plumbing fixings and fixtures, electrical fittings, etc etc. I do a bit of woodturning at home and myself and a few other turners have group buys on various things. Great way to share your ideas and thoughts with other people

Back