servicing a lpg gas boiler

jackreacher

i have a calor gas boiler in my house making some noise. the make is baxi and its about 2 years old at this stage. should i be ringing calor to organise a service or do they recommend someone of a panel ie not a calor employee. anyone have an idea what it will cost or whats involved.

my concern at the moment is when i switch on the gas it makes a hell of a racket and the gas pressure is lower than i remember seeing it. its at around .5/.6 now where as it used to be constantly around 1 bar.

any opinions experience appreciated

Hi, yes Calor should have a list of recommended service technicians, or what area are you in, maybe I can give you a contact.

As for you problem, if your boiler sounds like a kettle, or is starting to bang it will be due to poor installation of the heating system, and you may need a new heatexchanger fitted along with a system cleanse and powerflush (not cheap)
but really the only way to go.

thansk for the reply, im in milltown in co kerry so if you have any contacts down there i would appreciate it. when you say not cheap can you through out a ball park figure?

cheers

maybe 150 euro for the heat exchange (plus fitting) 300-500 for the cleanse and powerflush of your system.

Sorry haven't any Kerry contacts. I Davy sticks his head in this thread maybe he will know someone (he is Cork based I think)

maybe 150 euro for the heat exchange (plus fitting) 300-500 for the cleanse and powerflush of your system.

Sorry haven't any Kerry contacts. I Davy sticks his head in this thread maybe he will know someone (he is Cork based I think)

:eek: I'll have you know, I am a Limerick man. But I forgive as I am within touching distance of the Republic's border :).

Your best bet is to ring colar, they have a list of approved guys in your area.

opps........thought you had said cork to me here before..I stand corrected!

Back