Separated - steps to take over mortgage

dubinamerica

Hi guys, I've written before regarding my situation. I'm separated from my husband and am trying to cover the mortgage. Have had some issues and the direct debit was cancelled. Payments were late but still within the month so credit rating was not impacted.. So now, I have just obtained a permanent position within a company but with a six month probation. I think I may be in position to cover all the bills going forward. So now I want to position myself to take over the mortgage. My ex may be leaving the country and is not contributing so I am keen to step up now and sort things.

So what do I need to do?
How soon after being made permanent can I apply for a mortgage in my own name?
Do I have a better chance with existing lender or does it really matter?
My salary will be 30K and I should be in receipt of Family Income Supplement (FIS). The expectation is that this salary will increase over time.
How long will I need to be employed to be considered for a mortgage?
Assuming no other loans, any estimate for what I may be able to borrow?

I would appreciate any assistance on this. I have had many sleepless nights with the stress of this and things may be turning the corner. It wont be easy to juggle everything but I owe it to the kids to provide stability and sort this out. Any guidance is really appreciated.

If your ex is leaving the country now is your time to talk to your bank, not any other bank. Can you post up your figures please.

Will your ex agree to transfer property to you?

Hi Bronte
I haven't been working for the past few years but am about to start work. I've included the figures that I believe to be accurate below but haven't received any payslips or FIS information as yet.

I had planned on completing the standard financial statement while on the one parent family payment but then held off as I was worried that they will look unfavorably if I try to do a deal now and then again in a few months.

Salary 30K p.a.
Marital status - separated
Children - 3 children, one of whom is in college and fairly independent.
Other loans - approx 2,000 euro with AIB to clear overdraft
current mortgage is approximately 115,000
Note - I'll need to pay childcare each month

I am going to try and meet mortgage payments of just over 700 euro p.m. Over the past few months some have been late but not by more then a month, so credit rating is ok as far as I know.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Back