Sending Quinn-Life a passport

GeneralZod

I'm about to send QL my original passport to support an application.

Has anyone else done this and how quickly did they get it back? Is it even legal to risk loss of the passport by posting it off to a third party given that it's the property of Minister for Foreign Affairs and should be looked after?

My local Gardai refuse to certify a photocopy of it because of a directive from the district superintendent.

Do not send your passport - try a different Garda station/district

Your Bank, solicitor or doctor will certify your passport. If they asked for your original Passport, I would question that.

I've sent my passport to several banks when opening accounts and never had a problem. Wouldn't do it if I was planning to travel imminently though - just in case.

i've sent my passport to quinn life, i sent it by recorded delivery just in case. quinn life sent it back pretty quickly as far as i remember.

I'm about to send QL my original passport to support an application.

Has anyone else done this and how quickly did they get it back? Is it even legal to risk loss of the passport by posting it off to a third party given that it's the property of Minister for Foreign Affairs and should be looked after?

My local Gardai refuse to certify a photocopy of it because of a directive from the district superintendent.

Just a thought. Are you in Dublin? If so, you can bring your passport in to the Quinn office on O'Connell St. and they'll photocopy it for you. No fuss.

Thanks all for the suggestions. I think I'll try to get my UB branch to certify it next time I get a chance.

Just a thought. Are you in Dublin? If so, you can bring your passport in to the Quinn office on O'Connell St. and they'll photocopy it for you. No fuss.

Don't work in the city centre since I was banished to m50 hell. It's a rare treat to take the DART in now.

Back