Selling to county council

Thanks

We went sale agreed well before the notice expired.
I think you could also say you extended as you were hoping to sell to council under tenant in situ scheme. R

Its not the tenants fault in either case but moving to private sale with vacant possession is difficult. Our tenant could not find anything near the rent they pay us. Places were available but they said they were too expensive and not as good as our place. A year later and that won't have improved.
I believe my tenant will dig in her heels and stay put and overhold also there is nothing to rent locally for close to what she is paying, unless the council can house her I will have a massive fight on my hands.

I'm starting to get stressed now, notice given in October, application submitted in October. Have heard nothing from SDCC and tenant's notice date is in 5 weeks. I've had a lot going on in my personal life so haven't had a chance to follow up with them. I just sent an email and I'll call when the offices open. We really don't want to evict our tenant but after going through everything to get the paperwork together and serving the notice to quit I don't really want to go back to the beginning either and go down the private selling route
I sold or thought I sold my 3 bed house with hap tenants in situ to SDCC the process started in August 2023 ,had the surveyor out the valuation done and agreed a price, I send contracts out to them and waited and waited several months later today I get a letter from them saying that they were not going to purchase the property due to due diligence checks.

This has been a total waste of time, and would not recommend dealing with SDCC.

Back