Selling house privately online in small town - maybe better to pay and use est agent?

lizabeth

One of my best mates, from Clonmel, South Tipp thinking of trying selling house using daft.ie or other similiar website.

However, he's not inclined to think it would work as he thinks selling yourself via website works much better in the city areas. I know the adv & disad etc of traditional auctioneer method and seen from many posts sucesses with selling yourself using say, daft. Also he's hoping to sell pretty quickly, say 3-4 mths. He's checked out daft.ie etc and found 1 or 2 houses only for Clonmel

I was thinking of trying daft.ie (checked out the myhome.ie but apparently you have to use est agent, they told me). And now weary having seen prime time progr.

Im not from city either or dublin area and just wondering does selling house by website privately work best in city areas. I'll be selling soon myself.

Wouldnt mind hearing what part of the country those of you who sold yourself are in

Thanks

put my house on the market in wexford town on daft 6 weeks ago. No calls through the ad, however, I got a few calls just from the For Sale sign board I put up outside.
Don't have the time any more to do the viewings so I've handed it over to an agent

THERE are 108 houses in Clonmel on daft.ie ????

Im selling my house on daft.ie in the country side , got plenty of calls from the daft site , and just as much calls when I put up a sigh at the end of the road . What was a waste of time was two weeks advert in the local newspaper .
My advice is to give it a try , use good pictures on a sunny day , put it on the web now while business is slow and learn from experience . Internet adverts are very cheap in the scheme of things .

PJQ

Back