Selling house furniture

Henny Penny

How to we broach the subject of selling the furniture with the house to prospective buyer? We have signed contracts and have a moving date. Do we ask the EA to ask whether he will contact the buyers to ask if they want to buy/have any of our furniture or should we go directly to the buyer ourselves? Ideally we'd love to leave most of it as we have bought a house that is fully furnished ... has anyone any experience about the best way of going about this ... or is it skip time?

Yeah normal thing is to ask the EA to ask the buyers. I would get a detailed account of what you are selling and type it out for the buyers. They might buy some of the stuff...

It's a pity you didnt advertise this when your property was for sale - you probably would have gotten more bids aswell because the majority of people would be first time buyers with little or no furniture.
Sorry, im presuming your house is a 3 or 4 bed semi - i'm totally wrong if it's a much bigger house.

Thanks for the replies. Yes we will ask the EA on Tuesday. The people buying our house are moving from England so maybe they won't have much furniture to bring with them ... I hope.

It's a pity you didnt advertise this when your property was for sale - you probably would have gotten more bids aswell because the majority of people would be first time buyers with little or no furniture.
Sorry, im presuming your house is a 3 or 4 bed semi - i'm totally wrong if it's a much bigger house.

Why do people assume the inclusion of furniture adds value to a property? The last thing I'd want is someone elses junk (no offence HP) cluttering up my house. I'd personally want a discount on the original price as I'd have to hire a skip to dump the stuff in.

Why do people assume the inclusion of furniture adds value to a property? The last thing I'd want is someone elses junk (no offence HP) cluttering up my house. I'd personally want a discount on the original price as I'd have to hire a skip to dump the stuff in.

Sell the house with the option of having the furniture - obviously if the buyer says he dosn't want the furniture, it's up to the person selling the house to get rid.

Have to say, I'd agree with that. House prices are so ludicrously expensive now that most people who are finally in a position to buy have accumulated furniture and other household stuff over the years they've spent renting, so they have everything they need when they do finally close the deal. Also, you'd be a bit sad if you were willing to pay extra for someone else's life in furniture and design - it's what it's all about, isn't it? Making the house yours...

Most rental houses come furnished so i doubt the majority of first time buyers have their own furniture. Accesories - yes, furniture - no

Back